Mindfulness and Meditation for Peaceful Parenting
with Leo Aristimuno, MA, MFA, CAPP
Meditation & Mindfulness for Loving Parenting
Begins June 24th
In our short 4 weeks together, we covered the foundational concepts of mindfulness and meditation. It was a great introduction to the art of mindful parenting.
YOU CAN CONTINUE to nurture your mindful parenting skills with gentle practices that will transform you and your relationship with your children.
With on-going practice and guidance, you can enjoy more peace, relaxation, love, appreciation, and JOY in the simple, beautiful moments of everyday life.
Click below to see which path is best for you.
Here’s what we learned in our time together:
Week 1: Welcome. The Breath.
- Life Underneath Your Life Situation.
- “With what heart do we return? … To the breath, to the here and now.
- READING: “Life underneath your life situation” from The Power of Now
- READING: “Breathing” from Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting (new window)
- PRACTICE: Meditation Recording: What’s Going on Inside of Me Right Now?
- PRACTICE: Meditation Recording: Notice the breath. Settle with the Breath. Return to the Breath with LOVE, patience, compassion.
Week 2: Being the Witnessing Presence. The Real Truth Behind Our Most Scandalous Thoughts
- Thoughts are just thoughts.
- Thoughts arise, take shape, come across our awareness, and pass away.
- Drop the pronoun “my” and see what happens when we experience thoughts as just “thoughts.”
- Witness them without judging, reacting, entangling, or identifying with them.
- We can simply watch them pass like clouds across a blue sky.
- READING: “Free Within Our Thinking” — 3 pages from Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting (“Knowing I am not my thoughts.”)
- PRACTICE: Watching thoughts: Close your eyes. Hands on lap. Thought about past: raise your left hand. Thought about the future: raise your right hand. Watch without judgment. (5 minutes).
Week 3: Discerning Without Judgment:
- What else might be True right now?
- Settling and observing the bigger picture.
- Peek-a-Boo I See YOU.
- READING: Discerning Vs. Judgment. page 1 | page 2 (downloadable pdf links)
- PRACTICE: Meditation Recordings: Observing Objectively: Sensations in the Body.
Week 4: Living Mindfully, Playing Wholehearterdly.
- It’s Always Your Turn.
- Continuing and Returning
- PRACTICE: “What’s Going on Inside of Me Right Now“
RESOURCES FOR YOU
Meditation Audio Recordings Page (students use password to access)
- The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting, by Myla & John Kabat-Zinn